Friday, May 22, 2009

You've got to love the desert...

I was terrified that Michael was dying - I overreact to everything, it's a problem, I know - but, he had this weird rash that looked like a curling iron burn (trust me, it's not - I am way too overprotective to put him anywhere near anything remotely hot). But, anyway, it would flare up and get really dark red - it was the weirdest thing. So, after a month of this (it would get really pale and so I was never sure if it was serious until recently), Rand suggested calling the doctor. Rand never suggests going to the doctor, so my mind started jumping to vaccination reactions, childhood cancer - death was imminent and I was really concerned. Turns out, it's just dry skin - numular eczema to be exact. Since Rexburg is so dry (could've fooled me), babies up here tend to get this a lot, and occasionally they look like weird curling iron burns. I felt really foolish for going to the doctor b/c of dry skin (I even got a perscription for lotion), but at least I'm not terrified that he's going to die anymore. Ah, the joys of being a parent...

Michael is now 15lbs 9oz (Elise reached the 20lb benchmark finally at 26mos!) and smiles at every single girl in sight. He's such a flirt :)

6 comments:

  1. I call my mom about 7 times a day telling her that molly is dieing..haha..so it's ok!!

    Micheal is SO big, he could totally take Molly!

    The pictures are SO cute. The first one could totally be in a magazine somewhere. It's SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna has the same thing. I hope Michael's clears up before he can start scratching it like Jenna does! Those kids are just adorable- we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad Michael isn't dying. I cant believe Elise is only 20 pounds. At Olivia's last appointment she was 26 lbs... that was like a month ago. But even when she stands on the scale it is still right around 26. And when Tim says, "do you think we should call the doctor" I get worried thinking, this must be even more serious than I thought it was. But I am glad it is just dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn! I rediscovered your blog! yay! I'm glad to see that you and your family are doing well. The two pictures in the post are so cute! I've bookmarked your page so now I can keep in touch! I don't have a blog yet; I hope to make one soon once we move to D.C. So you'll just have to email me :)keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you found it Tiffany! I'm so excited to hear from you and yes, you should create a blog, we'd love to know how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last picture of the family the best. Its adorable. You have super cute kids. But I might be slightly biased. The whole rash thing was weird, I wouldn't have guessed Idaho would be dry. And yes, Michael is a chunk, and hes SO CUTE! Elise is getting more and more beautiful. Her and Braelyn are only 3 lbs away from each other now:) Elise is catching up. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (: