Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tribute to my Mom

I have no long distance calling ability, so here it goes...
"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." - Abraham Lincoln

Mom, you are the best! It's so nice to be able to have a day where I can reflect on just how wonderful a mother I have! Becoming a mother, myself, has taught me just how difficult and important this job really is. Thank you. I have no idea how you did (and continue to do) it. I am greatful for your wisdom, for your example of strength and service, for your sense of humor which is so needed (and missed). I have so many memories of going to the store to purchase toys/clothes for children in your classes over the years. You look out for everyone and you have the stamina and courage to take on the world, with no fear (I think of some doctors around the time I was six, and a certain organization which will remain nameless). Thank you for undergoing seventeen and a half hours of labor, ten months of pregnancy (you're amazing), and for the constant sacrifices you and Dad make. It can't have been as easy, as I am coming to find out. You're an excellent mother - thanks for all you do - I love you!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post to your mom! Thanks for coming over the other day. It was fun. I was hoping we could go to the park today but its a bit rainy. So the next warm weather day we have, we are going to the park. And my offer for you to drop Elise (and Michael) off whenever you need to get homework done still stands. We need to plan our potluck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (: