Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun at "The Pumpkin Patch"

The kids were sick this past weekend, so for Family Night this Monday, we wanted to take it easy - so we went to the "Pumpkin Patch." Actually, it was the parking lot of Albertsons (yes, we are taking advantage of the fact that our 2yr old is unable to read!) There's actually a real one not too far from us (part of the coolness of living in rural America), but it was kind of a cold night, and it's a little too early to get pumpkins for carving, so we had a lot of fun -- picking out pumpkins from the giant boxes, while cars zoomed past us (completely ignorant of the fact that there are little kids trying to enjoy their first pumpkin patch experience - slow down!!). So, it's justified, right?


See, look how much fun she's having!!

(She really was excited, and now we have to go by Albertsons and wave to the pumpkins each time we drive past)

And there's REAL straw...wrapped in plastic wrap and on sale for 7.99/bale (not completely sure about this, though)

Yes, that is one ugly pumpkin, we're glad she didn't pick it :)

Michael sucked on his pumpkin the entire way home (we don't know what kind of fun things that's going to bring about) and Elise, well, her pumpkin was thrown down from a certain little someone's (who will remain nameless) high chair - and its stem broke off, so she's adopted his pumpkin as her own :) It's currently taken the place of Teddy Bear as what she sleeps with :)

Afterwards, we were treated with this! (Sounds absolutely disgusting, but so yummy!! and on sale, which was the whole motivation) :)


At this point, you may be wondering why we're sharing such exciting details of our lives :) Stay tuned for more...

5 comments:

  1. If we weren't so sick at our house I think we would have done the whole pumpkin patch thing too. And the blizzard doesnt sound gross to me. My brother ordered one last fall and I tried it and have been wanting one ever since. So last week I made Tim take me. I think he was surprised at how good it really was. I have been wanting another one and I better get one before they don't have them anymore -and before I need to try losing baby weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night to me! The pumpkin pie shake does sound kinda gross, but I might have to give it a try now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really funny!! I'll have to remember that pumpkin patch trick once Travis gets a little older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are so adorable, John and I just "ooo & ah" over them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute you are! When are you moving back? We're ready for you to come back to our ward. Look at your hair! It's getting so long again! Fun fun! We'll find out Nov. 20 (or thereabouts) how Bryce did on his test. Cross your fingers...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (: