Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Move Over Disneyland, Rexburg is the Happiest Place on Earth
I don't know what it is about spring, but it seems like my kids (and Rand) have been more sick now than they ever were during the winter - so there's been an onslaught of green goo, sticky faces and fingers (come on Rand, that's gross!), and slobber (Elise is teething - where, I'm not sure, but I figure she has to be since I caught her biting down on our marble nightstand the other day). Cute as they are, it can be quite the mess :) Midterms have arrived and I have become a zombie trying to figure out who in the world Murad II is - really? this is important to my learning the fundamentals of history? Rexburg happens to be the most amazing place in the world - it stays light out until 10pm (crazy!) and I don't think I've ever seen so much green in my life! There's a ton of stuff to do here (for little kids, finally!), so we've been having a lot of fun. Elise is slightly obsessed with the "horsies" - they have an entirely old merry-go-round (complete with very loud cymbals and jukebox thing - I don't know what it is, but boy is the music catchy...) and we cannot go to Porter Park without riding it. Unfortunately, they charge $1 per ride for this entirely old merry-go-round, which means my personal money is slowly dwindling... At least it's going to a good cause, Elise is precious on them. It's the most exciting thing in the world to her and she's full of all sorts of comments - for the first two minutes (it has to be a 5min ride, so they can feel justified in demanding a dollar for it), she's happy as can be. At the end of these two minutes, she starts hysterically crying. When the ride finally ends, she looks up at me and says, "Again? Horsies, again?" I just don't understand... Michael has taken up growling and is absolutely hilarious (I'm determined to catch him on video, but he gets too involved in trying to eat the camera than performing).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I used to go to that merry-go-round EVERY summer when my family would come up here for vacation every year to visit my grandparents. Man, I'm with Elise... it's AWESOME! =) Sorry that everyone is sick... I hope that's not Rand's excuse for trying to get out of his chess appointment with Richard this weekend! tsk tsk... He's trying to end it while he's on top. =) Anyway, I love the new background, it's super chic.
ReplyDeleteashley skifton
ps, I think you are referring to SULTAN Murad II... =) I think he's earned it.
I'm sorry everyone has been sick! I hope everyone is feeling better now! Porter park is awesome and I miss it a lot! A dollar for the carousel isn't too bad--I know the one in IF is more!
ReplyDeleteAshley, you had to have googled that - there's no way you could know that (and if you did already know, just tell me you googled it anyway). Crystal, I shouldn't complain - I love that Porter Park has a carousel, it's an amazing park (not to mention huge), so I should appreciate it :) I do, I just wish it was not so appealing to my temper-tantrum throwing 2yr old :)
ReplyDelete