Saturday, June 20, 2009

To My Dad (Inventor of the World's Best Stuffed Hamburgers...Ever)

Still no long distance… Those of you who would like to avoid all things sappy, please feel free to look at a different post :)
Dad, you are such a good man. You taught me so many good things and I am really indebted to you. You give really great advice. You understand a lot, and I appreciate being able to learn from you. Thank you, Dad, for treating Mom in such a respectful way! I don’t know if you ever realized just how much you were being watched, but I did. You influenced me in such a way that I wanted that same respect from whoever I would end up marrying. Thank you for having so much patience with me. Thank you for seeing the best in your kids and for being such a great Dad! I really loved those Fridays or Mondays you had off when Mike and I were going to school. Besides getting a ride home and the possibility of going to 7-11, it was so much fun being able to spend time with you! I appreciate your sense of humor, your ability to get along with anyone and everyone (including every possible manager of such named 7-11), and your views on politics. You and Mom could disagree entirely in perspectives, but you both treated each other with love and respect. Thank you for being such a great example in how to have a successful marriage and for ingraining so strongly in my mind, by your example, of just how important family is. I appreciate being able to call you (at least I did when I had long distance) and ask for help with car repair, what to do when Rand’s head is bleeding :), and for help when I am sick. You’re the best Dad in the whole world, and to prevent myself from crying, because of remembering airport goodbyes and "Butterfly Kisses" at my wedding, I’ll sign off at this point :) I love you Dad and I admire you. Have a Happy Father’s Day and we look forward to seeing you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! (: