I like her pose here -
I was getting ready to go to the airport on Friday and was rushing around, trying to pack for all four of us, clear out the poopy diapers so our home wouldn't be condemned, and manage to feed the everlasting pit that is Michael's stomach (I cannot believe that it is the size of a grape...), and feeling very irritated, when Elise comes up to me and says, "I a princess." I looked at her, her face covered in some sticky substance from her last meal, and began to realize how silly I had been acting. She was so right - she is a princess, and I was greatful that she was inspired to remind me just how innocent and sweet children are.
Michael is learning to smile (so adorable, I just can't get over that kid) and is weighing in at a whopping 12lbs. 9oz. However, he is slowing down in his weight gain (ha ha makers of infants' clothing) - he is only in the 75th percentile now - whose genes are these? On the flight, someone apparently thought he was pretty cute, because they anonymously bought him a first flight certificate, complete with wings :) Also, he enjoyed the warm weather down south and was the happiest baby wiggling around in just a onesie (I don't know, I guess a balmy 45degrees here in Rexburg just doesn't sit well with him...).
Michael and Granny watching Cinderella
He really does like his swing...
Michael is a big fan of Grandma Rose :)
Michael is a big fan of Grandma Rose :)
Elise and Papa
We went to Boulder City for Elise's birthday - I was amazed that the kids did so well on the plane (that and the people who sat in front of us had enough sense to bring massive headphones), though, it probably had something to do with the fact that we were seated next to the jet engines, which compared to sitting next to a large freight train for an hour. But anyway, she had a fantastic time, namely because Nana and Papa have turned their home into a small child's dreamland, complete with pretend kitchen and a strangely realistic rocking horse that wags its tail - she keeps asking us to go visit them - I've got to wonder if this is part of their plan :).
Elise looks entirely confused (the filming is pretty bad, so brace yourself)
Sounds like you guys had fun. Michael is getting so big!!! Elise is so stinkin cute. We were thinking about her on her birthday. I cant believe she is two!! What?! When did that happen? You are lucky to have such a sweet beautiful little girl.
ReplyDeleteElise is such a doll. I thought she was already 2? P.S. about the jackets I referred to in my post, the one's that you've seen I can't wear to school or fit into them anymore. You should see the sweet ones that I wear now! Thanks for your comment.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn and Rand are finally on to Nana and Papa's diabolical plan. Hope you guys are enjoying the 45 degree weather while I'm sitting out in the 80 degree sun. Ahh sun is so nice! Just Kidding. Hope all is good in Idaho and also I hope you all come down and visit again. The horse is kinda freaky I agree but tell Elise it will be waiting for her.
ReplyDeleteHi! I ma glad you found our blog! I thought dinner was a lot of fun. I am glad you guys could make it. We will have to do something again soon. And seriously dont hesitate to give us a call when you are moving. I dont mind helping or babysitting, or having you over while the guys do all the work... which ever you need.
ReplyDeleteI love your family pictures! Elise and Michael are sooooo cute! I'm glad you re found your blog! :)
ReplyDelete