Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our Snake River Hike

Believe it or not, it was warm last weekend! So, we decided to celebrate and walked through a grove of trees beside the Snake River. We saw giant moose tracks (and other "markings" - you've got to love the nature thing), lots of mice (oh so much fun), and a hawk that looked like it could eat Elise (I've never seen a bigger bird!). This place is incredible. Something about the lack of people here, I guess it's conducive to wildlife. Who would have thought? I have to say it's pretty amazing to see bald eagles while I drive Rand to work.
The river was amazingly clear and we had a lot of fun. Elise learned how to say "touch it" and used her new phrase whenever seeing a prickly tree, anything remotely looking like water, and this weird straw stuff where mice lived. She loves being outdoors. Michael, on the other hand, could have cared less. He slept the entire time and was not very cooperative when we were taking pictures, as you can see from the photos below :) Rand took a couple of pictures of the scenery - I think they turned out pretty well.




4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Krista. Well, I thought I wanted to move to Rexburg until I realized that I can't wait for spring to get here! It was 69 degrees on Saturday in Reno. Wish you were here! By the way, your hair is getting super long! It looks really cute that way, although you can pull off the short look really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful (but cold) in Rexburg! Those kids of yours are so cute! I can't believe how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow there is still snow on the ground and it's late March early April. That's crazy. They should rename Rexburg to Alaska Jr. I think if you would have gave Rand a push into the river it would have made for a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of Rand with Elise-it still makes me laugh to think of Rand as a Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (: