So, I guess part of the reason that Elise was only 5lbs 8oz, was because my placenta started to shut down a little earlier than it should have. Because of this, though, I get the opportunity to have ultrasounds each week during this last month (bad for the budget - we have no insurance, but it's great for satisfying my curiousity - I have to try to be optimistic). At my 20week ultrasound, we were not able to see his face at all (his fists conveniently covered it). However, the ultrasounds with my new doctor are amazing - you can see the little guy so clearly! He definitely has my nose and high forehead, but I think his face shape is more like Rand's. To be truthful, he kind of looks like his namesake, Mike, but this is from trying to interpret a fuzzy black and white pic. It was kind of funny, the angle she showed me was right up his nose, so it wasn't the most attractive picture in the world, but when he opened his eyes, he was so cute!
Elise was there at th
e first ultrasound a week ago and she could have cared less, but now, she keeps pointing to my belly and saying "baby" and "Geico" (her version of Michael), and then she'll point to her own and do the same thing, so I don't think she fully understands it, yet... I'm sure reality will hit home soon :) The newest addition to the Greenburgs is totally different from his big sister. She was in the 3rd - 5th percentile on everything (still is), Michael is in the 71st-76th percentile, and looks to be about 8lbs or more come his due date. What?! I knew he was a bigger baby, but wow! Thankfully, he has a narrow head :) His placenta looks great and he has plenty of fluid in it (which was another problem with Elise). So, as far as they can tell, he's looking really healthy and strong (the strong part is an understatement - Rand wants me to say that he's just like his father). He has a powerful kick and lets me know of his extreme frustration with me whenever we hit a bumpy road - we'll definitely have to have a talk when he is born :) (just for the record, Rand does not kick me in the ribs when he's extremely frustrated with me) Oh, and that's the other thing, he's measuring right around his due date (some things are to the day exactly, some are three-four days off). I have had hardly any contractions at all, and am dilated to a one - so, we'll see... I figure, the big day has to come at some point, right?
Elise was there at th
I'm so glad you're blogging again! :)
ReplyDelete