Michael is absolutely the biggest newborn I've ever seen. He's huge! I had to bring him into the doctor's because of a clogged tear duct, so we found out that he's weighing in at 11lbs 10oz (last week, he was 10lbs). What is going on here? I have done the same exact thing (concerning feeding) as I did with Elise, yet Elise was in the third percentile for everything, and Michael is in the eightieth - what happened? He's pretty much outgrowing his 0-3mo clothes, and Elise can still fit into 6-9mo onesies, hmmm... However, though he is a chunk, he is the most adorable little guy and he has the cutest leg rolls and massive belly, ever - I'm pretty attached :)
Friday, February 27, 2009
The Iceberg (or Rexburg) Is Melting
I never thought it was possible... Who knew Rexburg was capable of producing a season other than winter? It's actually really pretty! But, anyway, life has been getting
less chaotic and I got sleep last night (he slept for five hours and then another - this is a major breakthrough for us)!! Life seems so much better and more manageable :) So Elise has been really cute lately. We were going to get pizza the other night (just me and her), and I put her into her carseat, and she starts crying hysterically when I get into the driver's seat. Thinking I've pinched her with the buckle, I ask her what's wrong. She points over to the empty seat next to her and says "baby?" - like you fool, where did you leave my brother? I think it's a good thing - I have this terrible fear of leaving him stranded somewhere, because I've forgotten him (it's pathetic, really).

Elise is the sweetest little girl in the world (I claim no responsibility). She has learned the difference between happy and sad, and gets a kick out of telling everyone that she's sad (when she's perfectly happy). She likes to argue with us :) So Rand and I are worried that the leaders in nursery are going to think we have a depressed child, because she's always going around saying "I sad." (imagine pouty face with it - very cute) Her new favorite thing to do is to read Green Eggs and Ham, while screaming at the top of her lungs (I say it's a great attempt at reading with expression), and pointing out the goat/mouse and saying 'sam-i-am" every other word. Oh, and every Friday we have a tradition of watching Sesame Street online and Elise loves it - she asks to do it all of the time. Elmo is her absolute favorite, but we always have to watch Bert ("boot") and Ernie singing reggae songs about rubber duckie. It is the funniest thing to watch her get so excited and start dancing to these songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment! (: