(It's a three in one post, so be sure to check them all out - there's cute pictures of Elise & Michael)
This blog is supposed to be about our family, but it never includes anything about us (the adults). It's just Elise and Michael. So, here's a little post all about Rand.

Rand is doing really well. He's writing some incredible stuff - he won a poetry book today in class because his poem won second place (based on a class board). The teacher really liked his poem, The Orange, and read it aloud in class; his was chosen out of a ton of other poems, which were also very good. One person said that he is a "fantastic writer" and that his poem was "amazing." So, in an effort to post all about Rand, here's his poem:
This blog is supposed to be about our family, but it never includes anything about us (the adults). It's just Elise and Michael. So, here's a little post all about Rand.
Rand is doing really well. He's writing some incredible stuff - he won a poetry book today in class because his poem won second place (based on a class board). The teacher really liked his poem, The Orange, and read it aloud in class; his was chosen out of a ton of other poems, which were also very good. One person said that he is a "fantastic writer" and that his poem was "amazing." So, in an effort to post all about Rand, here's his poem:
The Orange
by Rand Greenburg
Cold, dark, humming, I lay undisturbed
A door, seeping light, a warm palm
A door, seeping light, a warm palm
Creeping smoothly, it crawls, crawls and sinks
Single, penetrating, thick skin, digging, tearing,
Removing, disregarded, ripped flesh and falling
Naked, trembling, exposed, stand I
Naked, trembling, exposed, stand I
Caressed, hold in two, tight, pressure
Divided, dissected, categorized,
Devoured, masticated, sweet, bitter, sour
Devoured, masticated, sweet, bitter, sour
Spewing juices, trickle, run
Ever flowing down an empty throat.

Wow! That's cool that Rand is such a talented writer! I've never been good at writing, so I'm always impressed when people are!
ReplyDeleteAhh...It never posts right!
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful poem. Some people are just so talented! How did the moving process go? I hope you are enjoying your new place. You family is SO adorable! I am sure going to miss you being in the ward... I think you are an amazing woman!
ReplyDelete